Get ready to Rock with this epic three wheeled robot!
A nimble robot with two 20mm 180rpm metal geared motors, a powerful metal gear servo for leaning into corners and an all new motor controller. The view from the camera tilts as the robot turns, leading to awesome video footage!
Compatible with the Raspberry Pi 2, Pi 3, Pi 3B, Pi 3B+ and all Pi Zeros
This is the blue and pink option, also available in white and green.
A Raspberry Pi B+/2/3/3B+ and SD card are required to complete your RockyBorg, they are not included. RockyBorg optionally supports the Pi Camera, also not included.
- Laser cut 3mm and 5mm Cast Acrylic PerspexTM chassis designed and cut at PiBorg
- Colour: Comes in two colour choices - Blue/Pink and White/Green
- Metal gear 180 degree servo - stronger than plastic counterparts
- Truck rotation approximately 180 degrees - Super tight turning radius
- 20mm 180rpm metal geared motors
- A new purpose made motor controller featuring:
- Two bidirectional 2.5A outputs to motors up to 36V
- Precise positioning control of one servo motor
- 5V dedicated power regulator for servo motor (up to 1.5A current draw)
- Additional DCDC for powering the Raspberry Pi (up to 1.5A current draw)
- Digitally controlled LED
- Space for an optional forward facing Pi camera that lets you work on computer vision projects or take pictures and videos from the robot's perspective
- On/Off switch to save battery power when not in use
- Dual vertical plate design delivering a very strong robot chassis
- Strong 5mm perspex rear truck
- Centrally aligned and low positioned batteries giving a stable robot even in tight turns on inclines
- Full build instructions.
- Software install and servo calibration guides
Just add Raspberry Pi, SD card and 8 x AAA batteries. A Raspberry Pi camera (not included) is optional for autonomous control.
A PS3/PS4 remote control can be used to control it via any Pi with Bluetooth, or connect and control over WiFi with our famous WebUI.
Click here, or on the "Related Articles" tab for getting started guides, build instructions, code examples and more.
- Physical dimensions - W x L x H: 16 x 24 x 13 cm
- Wheels: 70cm front, 65cm rear
- Speed approx at 1 m/s
- Up to 4 hours run time from rechargeable batteries
- Reversible upper chassis plate to accommodate Pi 2, Pi 3, Pi 3B, Pi 3B+ and all Pi Zeros