The ZeroBorg is our new add on board for controlling motors using the incredible $5 computer the Raspberry Pi Zero.
Its small size means it fits neatly below a Raspberry Pi Zero and opens up endless possibilities for tiny robot designs!
A Raspberry Pi Zero, ZeroBorg and a 9V battery weigh as little as 65g!
The ZeroBorg can control 4 motors independently and gives you whole new ways of moving your robots.
Take our Mecanum robot we built to test the board (see it in our ZeroBorg Kickstarter video).
Each wheel can be driven independently meaning you can go forwards, backwards, tank steer and strafe like a crab.
ZeroBorg technical specification
Each board has:
- 4 full H-Bridges
- Capability of driving 4 motors or 2 stepper motors
- 2A peak or 1.5A RMS per bridge
- An on board fast blow fuse at 5A
- Designed to run off a 9V power source Max range 2.7V to 10.8V (To power the RPi Zero 7V minimum)
- 2 analogue inputs, which are great for sensors
- I2C communication, allowing daisy chaining to other boards
- Fully soldered and ready to use
Leave a Comment
Leave a Reply